Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SE+ 2001 - Accelerator Stcking - Gusty

After stopping, (Pulling up in a queue or junction etc), the accelerator pedal sticks and requires an amount of pressure to free-up, resulting in an awful lot of rev's as i pull away.

I have checked the cable path, alignment of the pedal to the cable, the rotation and freeness of the pulley at the 'Carb'. And have greased all these points... They all seem free moving.

It is annoying and possibly dangerous when on a hill, or creeping along in a queue..

Anyone got any Ideas ??

Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SE+ 2001 - Accelerator Stcking - kingpenda

Have you checked the inner cable for fraying? This usually occurs at the point where it enters or exits the outer cable. Fraying isn't always obvious at first glance, and you may find it necessary to disconnect the cable at both ends to allow a good examination to be made. Individual strands break and start to snag inside the outer cable causing the symptoms you are experiencing. I had the same problem on a VW beetle some years ago.

WARNING Don't run your fingers over the cable to check for fraying, if there are any broken strands it is a very painful way of finding them. Use a cloth instead.

Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 SE+ 2001 - Accelerator Stcking - Gusty

Thanks for the reply.

Have looked for fraying already, but will dismantle this coming weekend and look again.

HJ emailed me saying it could be heat coming from the manifold and to check the run of the cable as it could be displaced, so I can do both at the same time.