Renault Clio III 2006 1.5 DCI - Fuel Cut Off Switch - susancorless

Hello

I spun off a roundabout tonight and called the breakdown as my car wouldn't start after it hit the kurb, the recovery guy has said it's my fuel cut off switch that needs resetting - but he couldn't find it.

Does anyone know where it is please?

Thanks!

Susan

Renault Clio III 2006 1.5 DCI - Fuel Cut Off Switch - tazmania4580
Depends on the engine, but it will be on the fuel rail under the fuel rail cover at the front of the engine, little red button i think, sorry if im wrong
Renault Clio III 2006 1.5 DCI - Fuel Cut Off Switch - Vitesse6

Don't know about the Clio, but a friend of mine had the same with a Fiat Panda and it took them ages to find it, and oddly enough Fiat weren't for telling. (It's under the passenger seat by the way)

Any chance of a sticky thread where the locations can be stored?

have a good look under the bonnet for any red buttons and press it, worth a go

Thanks guys, no luck though - def no red button anywhere or other button in the engine. Been in the foot wells, the boot, under the rear seats, under the front seats (my neighbour has also had a look!)

I've also checked all the engine fuses just in case it's something else, but they are all ok!

I'll have to call Renault in the morning and see what they say....will update!

Thanks

Susan

just spoken to someone who works for them check on the fuel rail , if it has a cover check there to see if theres a small red button

Hi All,

The problem actually turned out to be the fuel filter - someone fitted the wrong one to my car (wait till I get hold of them!)

I've also found out that the car doesn't have a cut off switch (that would explain not being able to find it!!!!)

But thank you all for your help and car is back on the road!

Susan