PCN - no work done at suspended bays - APap
Dear Honest John. Unusual one here I think. My wife was issued a parking ticket at 8:07am on the first morning of a five day suspension of a row of parking bays. The suspension was for pavement repairs. The suspension was taken down by 8am the next morning and no work was done on the pavement, no men, materials or any activity took place. We appealed based on the fact that the suspension was wrongly put-up as no work was done, therefore the suspension should not have been enforced. Camden rejected our appeal, dismissing the fact that no works were done. It's not the £60 fine, but the principle. If the contractors are at fault, or the council for cancelling the work, why should we be fined? Can you recommend whether it's worth taking this further (and what argument to use) or just paying-up? Thank you, Andrew.
PCN - no work done at suspended bays - LucyBC

If the bays were suspended and you parked in contravention then you have no chance of winning whether any work took place or not.

If you take it to adjudication the case will be heard by lawyers and all they will be interested in was whether the bays were suspended lawfully and properly signed as such. If they find that is the case - and there is nothing in your post to suggest otherwise -- they will find against you and you will be compelled to pay at the higher rate.

Pay it.

PCN - no work done at suspended bays - APap

LucyBC, thank you for the advice. I will take it. It's so annoying as there must be a cost to organise the suspension, admin, paperwork, manpower etc. and my fine pays for it, rather than the council/utility staff that wrongly created the suspension. At the end of the day, it's Camden resident's council tax payers that lose-out as they pay for such wasted efforts. Andrew