Ibiza - Fiesta or Ibiza? Any recs? - Pandora69

Hi! I'm new and looking for opinions good or bad! I currently have a Puma which is starting to need work doing and I think it may be time to change before throwing good money after bad. I'm looking for a small car, preferably 3 doors, with air con that will be reliable to run, won't drink fuel and will drive well. I quite like the look of the Fiesta and Ibiza - any opinions on either one or anything else similar? Budget about £9k plus whatever pennies I get for trading in the Puma! Would like a Leon really but they seem out of budget. I do mostly short journeys to work, supermarket etc and the occasional motorway journey. May sometimes need to fit teenage daughter and her friends in the back for short journeys to town.

I have driven an older shape Fiesta 1.3 and found that was nice to drive and felt it had enough go in it.. Had a couple of the old style Corsas as loan cars and they were hideously underpowered even the 1.4.

Will not consider anything by Mazda or Renault.

Ibiza - Fiesta or Ibiza? Any recs? - Paul G1pdc

I had a puma years ago 1.7 lux in black....hmm nice cars....looked at the 2 in the works carpark today though and the wheel arches are full of rust....

personally both cars you have in mind are very good, and if you've got a decent ford garage near you it might be worth sticking to a brand you know. but I would have no worries about going back to Seat, after my wife owned an ibiza for 3 years. the dealer was alway helpful and in the 3 years we ran the car it only went to the dealer for its yearly service. ie no water leaks or any issues like that.

if your only going to keep it a short time, rather than running it until it drops the fiesta would be the easy choice as they alway sell very very easily on the second hand market.

why would a leon be out of budget there a good price second hand and 9k would get a pretty new one. But what would the teenage daughter think of the leon there a bit "mumsey" people carrier size......sn*****....

paul.

both cars will have superb rear visability compaired to the puma....and headlights that light up the road rather than just look nice.....can you tell i really did have a puma...oh yes and when its raining you can open the boot quickly without water getting onto the rear parcel shelf......corr and they where interesting to reverse hahaha and if you had an adult in the back they would moan about rear headroom.....but the handling was superb

I'm actually really used to reversing with no visibility - it's made me a much better parker! I hear you on the water in the boot and raise you the boot hanging things fall off so when you open the boot you need to put them back on so the lid lifts up, an always when you have your hands full! Plus there is so little glass that any other car feels like a greenhouse! will miss the handling and oomph. My Puma does have wheel arch rust on one side but my main worries are it needs new brake pipes and the suspension work I had done last year (bushes and arms) is now creaking so that needs to be looked at, plus I need 2 new tyres and I suspect the back suspension is on it's way out. I think that it may be that from now it just starts becoming a money pit. I've had it for 4 years now and would anticipate keeping a new car longer than that.

The local Ford dealer (Evans Halshaw) isn't too great. They had been the place that serviced my Puma before I had it and when I changed the spark plugs they clearly had never been changed before! Also my husband bought his Fiesta from there they cocked up the paperwork (ex Motability car) and when we looked at a replacement for that car the sales people had a real attitude, especially when we asked about ptice negotiation! Have no idea what the Seat dealers are like, though!

My daughter isn't too bothered about cars so she wouldn't mind, never complains when going in her dad's Cee'd which isn't particularly cool. I thought the Leon looked a bit cooler than the Ibiza! I'm sure in 2 years time when she comes to driving she may change her mind!

Ibiza - Fiesta or Ibiza? Any recs? - Paul G1pdc

sounds like a good time to replace the puma then. And if the local Ford dealer isn't all that its cracked up to be, it might well be worth a look around the local Seat dealer.

once sold a S40 volvo with a really low milage because I was going to run!! yep really the 3 miles to work....(shower at work), had a dad and daughter turn up to look at the car, for her to use, she at that time had an old clio, and to quote the dad..."was fed up to the back teeth with fixing it every weekend...." but even though the volvo had abs,aircon, no rust etc etc all of which her clio didn't have she hated the idea of having a volvo...and told her dad to keep fixing the clio....hahaha.....children......

(i've got 2x boys 7 and 4...)

Ibiza - Fiesta or Ibiza? Any recs? - davecooper

Interesting that you single out Renault and Mazda. Have you had bad experiences of these?

A few people I know have had Renaults and not been happy, always seem to be being repaired - electric windows seemed a problem and on the Scenic the induction coils. Had a Modus as a courtesy car once and it was cheap and nasty.

No to a Mazda because there was a scene in Men Behaving Badly which has always cracked me up and the "oi, you Mazda" followed by a gesture will always stick with me! Could never drive one without hearing that every time I got in.