Chevrolet Kalos - Screen Washers - Vitesse6

Screen washers stopped working today. Bottle was full and pump running but no water coming out. Disconnected tubing under bonnet and connected a large syringe filled with water and back flushed system. No effect. Blew a syringe full of air through, blockage cleared and washers working as before.

Maybe its a well known trick, but worth sharing again as much easier than dismantling the washer bottle to get at the pump.

Chevrolet Kalos - Screen Washers - MR IAIN BELCHER

Thanks for this great tip, connected a bicycle pump to the tube, a few blasts and hey presto! working again like new.

Chevrolet Kalos - Screen Washers - Bolt

Thanks for this great tip, connected a bicycle pump to the tube, a few blasts and hey presto! working again like new.

Only problem I found with that is, gunk builds up around pump filter and the air just pushes it aside for a while, then blocks again, much better to take apart and clear it properly

but thats up to you!

Chevrolet Kalos - Screen Washers - ED731PDH

Better than a BMW cheapened Rover 25 I once had, a total bucket compared with the well build 200 that preceeded it.

Rear wiper hose that passes through the rear hatch hinge area on these goes brittle with age, cheap and nasty plastic sourced I suppose, and then breaks, If your lucky, first you know about it is washer fluid pouring out by the rear passenger side wheel arch. If your unlucky the boot fills instead. I recommend that all drivers keep in store a length of plastic fish tank air line and a couple of push fit connectors as it saves so much grief.