Honda Accord 2.4 type s 2003 75k miles - bearing type noise from Accord - fra2095

I have just had both front wheel bearings replaced to cure what was taken as an obvious bearing problem. the noise continues, it sounds like a worn bearing but i am now advised that it may be a problem with the drive shaft. the drive shaft has now been removed for testing and no problem has been found. Drive shaft has been replaced but still the noise continues. Mechanic suggests waiting untill noise becomes more accute and then possiblt replacing drive shaft.

is anyone familiar with this issue

Honda Accord 2.4 type s 2003 75k miles - bearing type noise from Accord - Chuckie888

Honda brake calipers are prone to seizing, although usually at the back for the handbrake. Check if your discs are wearing evenly, as a high section can develop and the pad touch when the wheel is revolving. This can sound like a wheel bearing as the metal is wearing.

Honda Accord 2.4 type s 2003 75k miles - bearing type noise from Accord - Turv

I'd put money on it that its the gearbox, the jazz and civic are prone to gearbox issues so i can't see why the accord should be any different, my jazz is is booked in for the issues costing £900, if you read anything about honda standing by extended warranty on these gearbox issues then forget it, its all false being spread about by trolls.

Edited by Turv on 05/06/2010 at 13:55

Honda Accord 2.4 type s 2003 75k miles - bearing type noise from Accord - fra2095

thanks for the feedback.

i have also noticed a faint burning smell when i get out of the car after driving.

the noise is rotational but dosen't change when i engage clutch, freewheel or turn the wheels, it remains constant.

Honda Accord 2.4 type s 2003 75k miles - bearing type noise from Accord - gbroberti

I also have a 2.4 accord, I've found it is very sensitive to tyre wear, when the tyres are low I get a droning which I think may be caused by the wear indicators. New tyres are nice and quiet.

I have noticed the faint burning smell after a drive but it has been the same for 3 years and my wife's Honda FR-V is the same.

Honda Accord 2.4 type s 2003 75k miles - bearing type noise from Accord - corax

These Accords are known for the rear brake pads to stick in the calipers, which means that they drag on the discs. This may be the burning smell that you've noticed.

Edited by corax on 16/07/2010 at 22:36