nissan xtrail - noisy engine - sandpiper

Bought my xtrail at christmas. 2007 dci, 28,000 mls.

Very load nocking noise from engine when cold. Ok after 10-15 mins. Have been told by Nissan garage, no problem with car, this is normal! Has anyone else had or have this with their xtail.

Would also like to remove rear/roof spoiler, any tips.

Cheers

nissan xtrail - noisy engine - Andrew.hale68

Very load nocking noise from engine when cold. Ok after 10-15 mins. Have been told by Nissan garage, no problem with car, this is normal! Has anyone else had or have this with their xtail.

Hi sandpiper,

Exactly the same problem 2007 2.2DCI Aventura 27K

took it back to dealer twice and they couldnt find anything and said the same thing the injectors double inject when cold and there was nothing wrong.(b*******)

wasn't happy so I took it with their permission (and promise to pay) for a diagnostic at my local Nissan dealership.

Nissan say all 4 injectors are US and need replacing at a cost of £440 + vat each + labour = £2,112 + labour

Original dealer now trying to find patent parts which I've already refused to accept as it will invalidate the warranty I purchased from them for £3

Advice to you would be dont believe whoever is telling you its normal because it certainly isn't. to prove that point we actually purchased two 07 plate X trails on the same day and the other one is fine.

andrew.hale68

nissan xtrail - noisy engine - Andrew.hale68

purchased from them for £3

sorry mistyped £357.00p andrew.hale68