Ford Focus 2004 1.8 TDCI - Not starting - Tone from Dashboard - Rusty72

My focus is not starting. Have changed Battery and Starter Motor to eliminate from scenario.

After starter Motor was changed, car started on the button. Over the next 2-3 weeks it has gradually got worse.

I turn the key and nothing happens except the electrical system kicks in i.e. Radio and all dashboard lights etc come on and the guage needles work.

Initially I needed to turn the key 2 or three times and the engine would fire, then it got worse and started to take many more turns. After maybe 10-15 turns in quick succession I get a 1 second long tone from the dashboard. Now it won't start at all.

Anyone had this issue? Any ideas?

Russell

Ford Focus 2004 1.8 TDCI - Not starting - Tone from Dashboard - biggle

Hey rusty, just bought a 2002 focus 1.8 tdci secondhand, after two weeks I now have the exact same symtoms that you described..

Did you ever work out what the problem was????

.the guy that sold it to me has arranged for a new starter but after reading your post I'm a bit worried that this wont resolve the problem...

Ford Focus 2004 1.8 TDCI - Not starting - Tone from Dashboard - MikeTorque

I've encountered a similar problem, the engine management software had become corrupted and needed to be reinstalled, once that was done no more starting problems, no more strange noises from the dash.