Toyota IQ2 - Really Worried about new car - melkuvel

I Got my new car 1st March 2010

I have found out that my new car was actually built December 2008 so its 14 months old

My worry is If its been sat around for so long then it could have problems in future surely its not good to leave a car for that length of time ?

The car does have some faults

The ride is bumpy, the wheel balancing was checked and apparently it was out a little

The window seal was twisted this was apparently repaired but now gone again

The Rain Sensing wipers dont work

The care doesnt have a spare wheel but comes with a tyre compressor in my manual it says it will have a 4 year expirey date mine expires september 2012

When stop/ starting on a slight incline i find i have to press the pedal more and more for the car to hold

Also the maximum Mpg reads 60 when newer cars reads 99.9 apparently this is a fix under warranty but requires the odometer to go back to 0

On 2 Occasions when turning the engine off the centre console / Air conditioning has made a strange whooshing sound

Do you think any of these problems are because the car has been sat around

Also My Quality certificate that states its been checked ect has been stamped but not signed

Because the car is an older model are there any things i need to look out for and nip in the bud whilst its under warrenty

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Edited by melkuvel on 24/03/2010 at 22:54

Toyota IQ2 - Really Worried about new car - jmajor

Sounds like a typical Toyota!

Shame this once admired company has lost its way and now struggling to repair its tarnished reputation following the deaths of 53 American drivers involved in the sudden acceleration drama.

My advice would be to contact your local press and have a picture taken with a poster highlighting the list of faults and make them aware you are concerned for your families safety should you drive this Toyota aygo.

Toyota IQ2 - Really Worried about new car - Auristocrat

Did you buy the car from a Toyota dealer?

Most manufacturers allow dealerships to hold stock only for up to 3 months - if they exceed this they have to register the car. In todays market very few manufacturers hold much stock because of the downturn in the market in 2008/09. This was evidenced by my experience with Hyundai where, in September 2009, the i10, i20 and 130 were all on 12 week factory orders only.

When I bought my new Auris in October last year, I was offered the one in the showrom, which was in a colour I didn't want), and the dealer then ordered the car direct from the factory.

Toyota IQ2 - Really Worried about new car - melkuvel

I can now update you all,

14 weeks ago we rejected the car under the sales of goods act and also for misrepresentation,( more faults were found than i previously have mentioned )

They rejected our rejection LOL, no surprise there !!

we had to get a solicitor involved, He sent numerous letters but the last one was asking them to replace the vehicle,it was there last chance before we started legal action the reply to that letter was they would not replace the vehicle as they deemed the contract to be fulfilled,

But on the same day that letter was received the solicitor took a phone call from the dealership, They said they reject liability but to put an end to the matter would purchase the car back from us, this was a one off offer and no negotiations would be made, they offered the full cost of the car less the sc***page allowance and £500 towards the car sc***ped, they would not contribute towards the solicitors costs

I have no idea why suddenly this offer was made ,maybe somebody else had a look at the letters or maybe they finally got legal advice themselves, or maybe they just realised we were not gonna just walk away

So after some thought we decided to accept the offer because overall the loss to us works out at about £500, which i think is worth it to bring the matter to an end

This morning we received the cash and they have collected the vehicle,

I am so relieved its over with and i have ordered a new Mini that will have a June 2010 build date stamped under the bonnet !!