Ford C-MAX, 2.0TDCI manual - Gearbox - 6sp manual compatability issue - Maureen0609
Car :

Gearbox problem occured on a 2.0TDCI manual - 6 speed gearbox, fitted with a hydraulic clutch.
The car was originally on the road in October 2003. the gearbox had done 100, 000 km and then failed.

Solution: (replacing the original ) since I'd found a gearbox (from a Cmax, version 2004), 6 speed manual gearbox, and looking at the respective identity reference numbers for the two gearboxes --
they seemed to be compatable. The numbers were as follows :

Original gearbox ref:
4M5R-7002-CB
TIGA1 010903 142655

Replacement gearbox ref:
4M5R-7002-CC
TIGA1 241103 094528

Fitting this "replacement" we matched it with a new original Ford hydraulic
clutch that was installed, along with taking all the other usual precautions,
including changing the defective pieces (Sachs clutch system came out), an identical Sachs reference piece went back in.

Problem ?
Well, if on paper it looked like an achievable result would occur, the reality
is that once the foot pedal engages the clutch -- it's not working !!!

Help needed from all Cmax Ford guru's !
Ford C-MAX, 2.0TDCI manual - Gearbox - 6sp manual compatability issue - jc2
CB to CC in the part number should only denote a minor upgrade and SHOULD be compatible.What do you mean by "It's not working"?
Ford C-MAX, 2.0TDCI manual - Gearbox - 6sp manual compatability issue - Maureen0609

Thanks for the previous message

concerning the issue of comptability .....

One thing that was'nt checked prior to the reinstallation of the gearbox --
When we installed the new hydraulic cluth piece, that sits inside at the bottom of the gearbox - we didn't check whether the "deepness" or should I say the depth of the aluminium case was the same as the original one.

So what we have today, is "everything" functioning as it should -- but that the hydraulic "clutch" one engaged is "opening up" correctly, but it"s not de-clutching itself (when one releases the foot pedal...)

What we have done, in summary :
1. Numerous different tests on purging of any system side pblms (air pockets... in the gearbox)
2. Verified that the overall system functions -- between the point that the pedal is engaged

3. Changed the Dual-Mass flywheel (with the Valeo-Sachs), part that backs onto the clutch assembly (mounted into the gearbox...)

My mechanic, is left with the only assumption that the depth of the chamber that houses the hydraulic clutch - MUST be different -- from the original -- and that explains why we have a "no go situation Houston".....

Any comments or inputs are greatly appreciated, in advance.
Ford C-MAX, 2.0TDCI manual - Gearbox - 6sp manual compatability issue - paul stizza

hi can you tell me if you got this sorted out. only i am going to fit a box in my c mac and the box that has come out is the same as yours 4M5R-7002-CB. does the model number has to be exact same