06 1.4 Lost sound from stereo system - Gimley
I have lost all sound from the radio / CD player, this just happened recently. I still have visual display of the radio station or the track being played from the CD, but nothing from the speakers. This is the original (CD 30) vaux system in a 56 reg Astra. Any idea's??

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/02/2010 at 17:49

56 1.4 Lost sound from stereo system - piston power
If all speakers don't work has it got a seperate plug in the back of the radio that may have come adrift?

I own same car but never had it out no reason to.
56 1.4 Lost sound from stereo system - topbloke
think that you will need to pull the radio and check the connections,regards TB
56 1.4 Lost sound from stereo system - Gimley
Hi bigtee,

I have had the radio out & checked the connector block & it is secure. The fuse in the back of radio (located under block) is also ok. The only other wire that I can see is to the aerial.
56 1.4 Lost sound from stereo system - Victorbox
My Zafira has the CD30 and occasionally the left rear door speaker won't work unless you flick the volume control quickly up to practically full volume in bursts when it works and stays working for some time. Loose connection causing resistance I guess but you could see if this trick works with yours. Not a fix I know, but It might rule out all speakers having become disconnected.

Edited by Victorbox on 14/02/2010 at 16:52

56 1.4 Lost sound from stereo system - piston power
Not the best radios by far you could try unpluging the live feed to it and give it 30 secs like re booting this is what we do with the radios here on trains! it resets the radio and they work.

Failing that a audio centre auto electrician is your next port of call.
56 1.4 Lost sound from stereo system - Gimley
Just been out to give it a try........... nothing! Total silence!
Thanks anyway.
56 1.4 Lost sound from stereo system - Fisher

Hi Gimley. Did you get to the bottom of this? Got into my astra this morning and also have no sound coming from the speakers. Thanks.