Insurance groups. - Passatman
I am looking for a car for my 17 yr old son. Does anyone know of a database in which cars age catagorized by insurance group?
Insurance groups. - maz64
At the risk of being called a Luddite, I would recommend getting hold of a magazine such as What Car and looking at the new car buyer's guide at the back.

It's easy to go through the listings and quickly pick out cars you are interested in, and reject ones with too high an insurance group - the group is clearly visible, and tends to get higher as you go down the model listing making it easier still.

Edited by Focus {P} on 26/01/2010 at 13:04

What Car also has a list of all models in price order, which might help (I'm looking at the February 2009 issue).
Insurance groups. - old crocks
A quick Google of "car insurance groups" gave me this.
www.carpages.co.uk/car-insurance/
www.carpages.co.uk/car-insurance/

Ok - I'll admit that's pretty useful. I still prefer poring over pages of numbers in a magazine though :-)
Insurance groups. - Paul G1pdc
also note, that yes a low engine size and usually buying a ford/vauxhall should mean a low insurance group its always worth checking with insurance companies.
eg...
for a while we owned a v40 (volvo estate 2.0 xi (half leather, limited edition wheels etc)
and a s40 volvo saloon 1.8i. (base model with plastic wheel trims) (both 2001 years)
according to the "parkers" on line and various other mags/sites the insurance group for the 1.8 saloon was 2 groups lower than the estate...
when we contacted the insurance companies about getting cover they all quoted more for the saloon than the estate...
there argument was "more people crash the saloon that the estate so we load the premium...."
so just because the car might have a low group rating if theres loads of people who also drive that model car and crash them the insurance cost will be higher...
goodl luck, Paul.
Insurance groups. - bell boy
autotrader tell you if you click on a dealers advert in the correct way