03 1.8 Electrical Problems. Fuse? - Tim Allcott
Just trying to make radio work, snagged a wire and (presumably) blew a fuse. LCD dash also inactive (on same fuse) but relevant fuse is sound. Am I likely to have blown another fuse? Same box, or under the bonnet? Help!

Tim
Further update. I removed a multiplug above fuse 15 to get better access to it. On replacing said multiplug car will not start. Have I deleted the immobiliser settings? This is NOT turning into a good afternoon......
Tim
hmmmm I seem to be having a conversation with myself. On furtheer reading of the manual there are TWO fuses covering the SAME circuits... the second one was blown. I will purchase a new one, fit, and report back....

Tim
Hmmm. Not keen on Siemens fuseboxes and mini blade fuses. Carefully recessed within Citroen Xsaqra Picassa's meaning the fuses are nigh impossible to remove and replace and I had to do it 3 times.
Snagged the aerial feed on the unit which is now dead.
ISO connecter had connected the permanent live feed to a purple wire which seems to be live for 5 minutes after the ignition is switched off, meaning radio loses its memory for stations and needs code entering every time it is switched on rather than only after the battery has been disconnected.
ah well: I'll have another go next weekend.
Tim
03 1.8 Electrical Problems. Fuse? - pmh3
www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/picasso/index.php?act=at...0

Even if you do not need it this time, the above link may come in useful sometime.

I am about to remove the fan motor speed resistor pack in my Pic - where is my 6" high trained monkey when I need him? I will post on completion, but do not hold your breath. Just worried in case I disturb something - a green fuse was lying loose under the trim. I just hope that it was leftover from manufacturing. Probably someone has never had one !
Thank you for the link. It will very probably come in useful! I understand how some vehicles are engineered without a thought for maintenance access, but that really IS the worst place I've seen to put a fuse box....

Tim