02 2.0 Ignition lights and headlights staying on. - rye ktm
i have just got my 1st familey car ie my peugeot 307 sw .
the problem being i am having to disconnect the battery every night due to head lights coming on when connected ...when key is put in lights go off... take the key back out 5 seconds later head lights an ignition both come on together an stay on till battery is disconnected ........ can anyone help no one has got a clue who i av asked an am all out of ideas thanx rye ....

{annoying txt jargon replaced with proper words}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/01/2010 at 20:20

02 2.0 Ignition lights and headlights staying on. - sandy56
Instead of disconnecting the battery why not just remove the relevant fuse from the fuse boc.
There is obviously a problem with the light switch or/and the ignition switch.

Contact an auto electrician.
If you have just got the car then if it is covered by some sort of warranty then take it back?
02 2.0 Ignition lights and headlights staying on. - rye ktm
thankyou for the idear ...i av already tryed taken the fuse out but its the perment live to the fuse box that i av to disconect or else ignition stays on regardless of the lights been taken off by there fuse i dont av any warranty as i got it privert ........ the car since i posted it as as started to only do it now an again so things are looking up ...

i av booked it in at peugeot to hopefully get it sorted somthing about it needin a new box on the back of ignition
02 2.0 Ignition lights and headlights staying on. - RichardW
Sounds most likely a COMS 2000 failure - this is the combined lights and wiper stalk unit behind the steering wheel. A common failure on PSA cars that causes problems like this - also known to cause issues with indicators not working / randomly coming on.
02 2.0 Ignition lights and headlights staying on. - kevy

hello rye ktm, i have a 307 with the same problem,that you had back in 2010, with the hedlights and ignition lights staying on did you manage to cure it, any information would be great, from kev,proud owner of a 300 exc.