02 2.0 heater blower motor - mickeybo
The heater blower motor is not working on this vehicle with ign on getting battery voltage at red wire at blower motor with engine idling voltage at blower motor falls to
zero volts. This vehicle has A/C. Does anyone know of issues with this particular
problem. Any feed back greatly accepted
best Reguards Mickeybo
02 2.0 heater blower motor - Peter.N.
I don't quite understand what you are saying, but the fan will not run without the engine running but the thick red wire should be live even if the engine is not running, the switching being done by the control unit. If the voltage is dissapearing from the main feed check your under bonnet fuses, on XMs the fuse holder sometimes fails as its not really up to carrying the current.

Thes blowers have a built in voltage regulator circuit consisting basically of two transistors, these can and do fail, initially the speed control becomes intermittent then stops altogether.
02 2.0 heater blower motor - elekie&a/c doctor
Loss of power supply to the main blower motor wire could be a fault with the ignition switch.Try running an alternative power supply to this wire and see the result.hth
02 2.0 heater blower motor - bettyboo
I have a friend with the same problem so interested in the outcome.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 18/01/2010 at 00:36

2.1 heater blower motor - hopkinsd

hi have a problem as well my heater works but only on the max setting.

would this be the heater control panel

my car is a 97/98 and i have just orderd a used panel for £5 but its off a 2000 model will it fit as the are different

thanks dave