Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - rob3770
Hi,

I bought an 09 plate KA from a Ford main dealer on 24th December, the salesman, the invoice and the service stamp all say 4014 miles. A few days later after find out how to change the electroinic dashboard I noticed that the car had indeed done 8700 miles.

Where do I stand?

I have emailed the general manager of the dealership but im told elsewhere that I have 14 days in which I can return the car due to misrepresentation
Help, as the 14 days run out tomorrow

Cheers

Rob
Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - maz64
I have emailed the general manager of the dealership

Would have thought the best bet is to talk to him on the phone or face-to-face.
He wanted to see me early Saturday morning as he was going on a family holiday that day as if i was putting him out.
The thing is what should i expect out of this? as my wife loves the car but i feel ripped off.

Are there any laws i could quote?
Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - TheOilBurner
The car's been misrepresented at sale, simple as that.

Send it back and get a full refund, or negotiate something in compensation for the additional miles. The later probably being the most sensible option if you like the car.
Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - Jcoventry
14 days? I think you have longer than that, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and Trade Descriptions Act 1968. The car sold to you is not as advertised, and that is against the law.
Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - daveyjp
Before rejecting!

When fiddling with the dash settings did you change the display to kms?

8,400km is 5,437 miles.

Where do i start the negotiations off at?

The glass website doesn't list the car...
Ford KA
Style+
Petrol
8750 Miles

Would i be claiming for the difference in the price between a 4K car and a 8.7K car? if so how can i find that amount out?

Cheers

Rob
I did have the funny feeling that it was the miles until the next service but the display says Total Miles
According to WhatCar's free car valuation thing, the difference in value between a 4K and 8.7K Ka Style+ 09 is about £150.

You might want to try this: Ask for the next service to be free of charge, since Ford charge about £130 for an interim service.

Edited by Jcoventry on 07/01/2010 at 13:20

I was thinking that they wouldn't give me back cash so i would have to ask for something along the lines of an extended warrenty (from 3 to 5 years) or better options.

I thought the differenace in price would be more than £150 but ha ho.

Im not even convinced they carried out the service the day before as it also had 4014 miles on the stamp.
Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - dieselfitter
Odd - the car's wasn't due for a service, was it? 1 year or 12,500 miles, whichever is sooner?
I asked for it to be serviced as part of the sale
rob, do you have the invoice for the 1st service, i guess that also has the incorrect mileage? (can't see how this has happened though)
I have the sales invoice and the service book with the stamp, both have 4014 as the mileage
Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - Rattle
I would rather this car had 8k anyway it shows its done some good driving but being an ex demo the milleage seems a little high? It this be actually a hire car?
All i know is that it was owned by the dealership, they told me it was ex demo
Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - dieselfitter
Ka is a favourite Ford dealer's courtesy car, but it doesn't really matter if you are happy with the car. No workshop sheet for the service? Hmm. Does the engine oil look new?

Bottom line is - if you're happy with the car, ask for some compensation for the extra mileage. 4K is not much in the great scheme of things, and a free service sounds about right.
Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - Galaxy
I would say it's probably been a courtesy car previously, not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that.

OK cool

Im not happy to get a free service from the same dealer though because im not even convinced they carried out the first one.

Ask for an extended warrenty?
Ex demo 09 double documented mileage - TheOilBurner
im
not even convinced they carried out the first one.

Check the oil. Assuming it's petrol, at 8000 miles the oil would be quite black. If it's just been changed it should be clear.

Just because the mileage is wrong in the service book doesn't say for certain that the oil and filter hasn't been changed, which is about all they ever do on a first service usually, that and visual inspections.

Edited by TheOilBurner on 07/01/2010 at 14:56