Accidents in this weather - julie page
I watched a couple of cars slide into each other yesterday. In the first accident the car slid across the road and into the side of another car coming the other way, the other a car overshot the road junction and was hit by the car on the main road. In both cases the damage was minor, but wonder in such situations is it a case of tough, repair your own cars or is there still someone to blame
Accidents in this weather - TheOilBurner
I would be surprised if blame could not be attributed. After all, if someone overshoots a junction, could it be that they were driving too fast for the conditions, or the simply left it too late to brake and tried to brake too hard, too late, causing the wheels to lock up?

Seems straightforward in that kind of scenario, IMHO.
Accidents in this weather - FotheringtonThomas
I saw a news report yesterday, or the day before, about a woman in a town in Scotland who'd bashed into a bollard. She blamed the council for not "gritting". I blame the driver.
Accidents in this weather - JH
You and I agree FT but there is a whole world out there who have never done anything wrong because it is always someone elses fault. :-(

JH
Accidents in this weather - Gromit {P}
Normal rules for deciding liability still apply e.g. if you failed to stop at the junction of minor road, and crashed into a car on the main road, your insurance still pays.
Accidents in this weather - Robin Reliant
There are no special dispensations for weather conditions. Snow and ice don't cause accidents, peoples inability to match their driving to the conditions does.
Accidents in this weather - Alby Back
Perhaps most of them didn't see any benefit in w***r t***s...
;-)

Just added them to the to the swear filter as it seemed to be losing it's grip of late

Edited by Pugugly on 06/01/2010 at 14:34

Accidents in this weather - Alby Back
:-))) PU
Accidents in this weather - Cliff Pope
There are no special dispensations for weather conditions. Snow and ice don't cause accidents peoples
inability to match their driving to the conditions does.

And of course the ultimate exercise of responsibility in matching driving to conditions might be by deciding that the journey is not sufficiently important to risk an accident by making it at all.

Would you deliberately drive on black ice just to go and buy a newspaper - no.
Would you drive on black ice to get someone to hospital - yes.
Would you drive on black ice to get to work - perhaps.