Re: Damp carpet on a 106 - Rob E
Dear all,

We have finally ascertained why my Mother's N reg 106 (pre-facelift) has been smelling of dirty mops: removing the mat in the front driver's side well revealed a damp carpet. No obvious leaks from the door seals, so any ideas/ past experience on this sort of problem would be welcomed.

Best wishes and thanks in anticipation
Regards,

Rob E
==========

Re: Damp carpet on a 106 - eric's son
I had this problem on one of these when it was about 5 years old. I'm afraid I can't remember where the water actually got into the car (in fact more likely, I never found out) but the CAUSE of the leak was gunge blocking the downpipe thingy that water from the roof guttering flows down, somewhere on the A-pillar past the front door hinges. These are a sort of closed "u" (or open "o" if you like) rubber seal that can be pushed open with your finger... I found that clearing the revolting green crud out of it made the problem clear itself up.
Hope that is understandable.
Re: Damp carpet on a 106 - daryld
Are you losing any engine coolant? If you are then it maybe a leaking heater matrix that is causing the damp carpets. This happened on my old Renault 5 a few years back..absolute pain to fix!!!
Re: Damp carpet on a 106 - JohnD
We had this trouble on my wife's Saxo shortly after she got it. Water was getting in along the bottom edge of the windscreen. A squirt of clear sealer seems to have cured it.
Re: Damp carpet on a 106 - Pugugly {P}
Sunroof ?? blocked drainaige pipe thingy.
Re: Damp carpet on a 106 - crazed
clear bathroom sealant along bottom of windscreen
Re: Damp carpet on a 106 - blank
clear bathroom sealant along bottom of windscreen

Might be a good idea if that's where the leak is from , but you need to find the source before spreading sealant around!
Re: Damp carpet on a 106 - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
1.......Remove incontinent doggy

2.......Despatch to big kennel in the sky
Re: Damp carpet on a 106 - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
"clear bathroom sealant along bottom of windscreen"

Then find out who put it there, and smack him.............