00 2.0 Locate and clean Idle Control Valve (IACV) - domski74
My idle only works when I first start the car, it then subsequently stalls at every junction.

A garage I took it to said it was probably the IACV and that it could be easily cleaned with carb cleaner?

Can anyone help me locate the IAC and advise on removal and cleaning?

Many thanks
00 2.0 Locate and clean Idle Control Valve (IACV) - WorkshopTech
Its a solenoid-like device at back on engine on the rhs (as you stand with bonnet open in front of you). You will have to remove the air pipework and then spray carb cleaner in it, see if that works. I think some of these motors also have a wax plunger stat on the air intake and that might be giving trouble. Have yo0u had the fault codes read? You can read flash codes yourself on this one, by bridging the connector. Could be coolant temp sensor fault or air temp sensor, or other things. Best read code first.
00 2.0 Locate and clean Idle Control Valve (IACV) - Chris66
After a bit of head scratching my local mechanic resolved a bunch of IAC and EGR codes that Honda dealership pulled by changing the petrol filter. At about £12 its worth giving it a try.
00 2.0 Locate and clean Idle Control Valve (IACV) - WorkshopTech
crikey that would be unusual. i change a lot of petrol filters as part of normal service and its unusual to find one with any muck in it. i think uk petrol by and large is very clean. Unless something very unusual is going on then i think your fault codes may return. I suppose it is possible you picked up contaminated fuel, but a rare thing in my experience.