Mazda 323 - Bob Hurst
I have an old Mazda 323 H Reg and since the bad weather started I have had problems with the electrics. Every morning the car does start but the engine keeps missing and I end up feeling like a kangaroo. But what is strange is that after stopping and turning off engine for 10 mins then starting up again the problem is not there.

I guess that its the damp weather affecting the leads or distributor cap but wondered if I can use anything to stop this from happening.

Any ideas?
Mazda 323 - Dorian
Clean them with a dry cloth and then spray with a water repellant. I don't think you should use WD40 as this might make crud stick to it, making the problem worse after a while.
Mazda 323 - PB
Ahem... WD40 (WD=Water Dispersant) is a water repellant - fine in this situation.
PB.
Mazda 323 - Dynamic Dave
Ahem... WD40 (WD=Water Dispersant) is a water repellant - fine in
this situation.

Providing applied lightly. Some people just get the can and give the leads a right old soaking. This is when all the dust, belly button fluff, etc sticks to it and eventually causes further problems. Best thing I've found is to apply the WD40 to a rag and then wipe the leads over with the rag.
Mazda 323 - J Bonington Jagworth
I endorse the WD40 advice. It's also worth peering under the bonnet with the engine running in near darkness - you may well see some tracking (sparks) around the distributor or plug leads, in which case, replace the offending item.

We have a 323F of similar vintage, but this hasn't happened to us so far...
Mazda 323 - Adam Going (Tune-Up)
HT current tracking to earth from the plug covers/caps is a common problem on these. Cleaning caps and leads with WD40 as described may effect a short-term cure, but in my experience it will not last long. Sometimes you can see tiny white "star" marks on the plugs covers where tracking has taken place. I always advise new leads (and plugs) in this case, and unless it has already been done a new distributor cap as well.

HTH, Adam