What is life like with your car? Let us know and win one of three ipads | No thanks

Replacing run-flats
My 2009 320SE Coupe, which is on run flats, is causing a problem.

The warning light comes on every few weeks to indicate a loss of pressure. Each time I check the condition of the tyres and pressures and reset the warning.

BMW have tried and failed to rectify this fault. My question is can I replace the run flats with conventional tyres without failing the MOT next year, and not affecting the warning sensor?

Asked on 27 July 2011 by jimmy2011

Normal tyres won't affect the MoT. On a BMW the TPMS measures rotation.