01 1.9 Seat and steering vibration/bouncing - rivaldok2k7
Hi, Ive got vibration in my seat at speeds 1mph to 35-40mph. Also it feels like the car is sort of bouncing? i.e when on a smooth road it is sort of like you are driving over cats eyes......

Then as I pick up speed the vibration shifts to the steering wheel at about 50mph and becomes more aggressive, until 65-70mph when it sort of starts to level out allover the car and is not as bad?

Ive had wheel alignment done and one of my front wheels balanced, as well as a new bearing and cv boot? the garage said in the MOT my rear nearside tyre needs replacing, could this be the cause of this?

Also the front tyre I had replaced (the offside one) was all smooth around the outer edge?

Im going to the tyre place to have my other front tyre balanced on sat morning and the nearside rear replaced.

Cheers for any help!

Ian
01 1.9 Seat and steering vibration/bouncing - bell boy
diff duff
What does diff duff mean?
01 1.9 Seat and steering vibration/bouncing - pmh3
What does diff duff mean?

duff diff?
Sorry im lost?
01 1.9 Seat and steering vibration/bouncing - Dynamic Dave
diff - short for differential. auto.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm

Duff, meaning, er knackered.

Generally though, if you can feel the car vibrating through the seat, that's an indication of either your rear tyres want balancing, or they've gone out of shape.
Also the front tyre I had replaced (the offside one) was all smooth around the outer edge?

Sounds like the tracking was out, which was the reason for the wheel alignment being done.
01 1.9 Seat and steering vibration/bouncing - Altea Ego
IF it has alloy wheels, one of them is buckled. (the laguna silverstone ally wheels were notorious for this)
01 1.9 Seat and steering vibration/bouncing - Peter.N.
Could well be a faulty tyre, ply seperation causing to to be out of round.