09 2.0 Electrical Auxiliary Heater? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Got a diesel Octavia, 140ps PD. Does this have electrical elements in the heater circuit? Skoda heater produces warm air within 1/2 mile but takes a few miles to get up to normal temperature.
My old Passat diesel was alleged to have them.
09 2.0 Electrical Auxiliary Heater? - elekie&a/c doctor
I would say yes.The mk v golf diesel is fitted with an auxilliary electric heating system and the Octavia is based on the same model.hth
09 2.0 Electrical Auxiliary Heater? - craig-pd130

My B5.5 Passat PD was the same, warm air before I left our village, even though there was no reference to it in the manual.

How are you finding the Octavia? What's it like to drive?
Very pleasant to drive and similar solid/high quality feel that the Passat had.
Plenty of performance and mpg is at least 10% better than the 100ps engine- possibly due to the 6 speed gearbox. Averaging 49mpg on my 50 mile return commute up to the Peak District.
The hatch gives access to an enormous boot but does not look like a hatch when shut.
An adequate 5 seater but centre seat is for an occasional passenger.
Gadget count is high with an impressive radio/music system.

Edited by Glaikit Wee Scunner {P} on 16/11/2009 at 16:30

09 2.0 Electrical Auxiliary Heater? - daveyjp
If Skoda use the Audi system the aux heater only operates once the external temperature drops to 5 deg C. My heart used to sink when I saw 5.5 degs on the display as I knew I was in for many miles of a cold interior!

It appears the X type system operates whatever the temperature as warm air is coming into the cabin after half a mile.

Edited by daveyjp on 16/11/2009 at 20:39

After the recent cold weather, can't say that system is really temperature dependent. Been warm enough down to -11°C - coldest I've driven in. Get the odd occasion when interior of windscreen mists over after a few yards of driving.I leave system on auto unless the demist needs a boost. But generally works fine.

Edited by Glaikit Wee Scunner {P} on 18/01/2010 at 17:42