94 1.05 Car not starting - astbury
My 94 polo match has done 68000 miles and is in good condition apart from it will not start, about two weeks ago i came home from work one night parked the car, then the next morning it would not start, it is getting petrol to the injector and spark at the plugs but the petrol is not getting to them, i have tried towing it but nothing and after the tow i took the plugs and they where dry, any help would be great.
94 1.05 Car not starting - Peter D
You need to check the injector has not gone open circuit with a meter and ideally you need to test the pulse signal from the ECU. Regards Peter
Thanks for the help, how do i test the injector and what do i look for, i have a 1.3 polo the same year for spares would the ECU work on the 1.05.
I asked a question last week about why my polo would not start as there is petrol getting to the injector but not getting to the cylinder, and was told to check the injector has not gone open circuit, what is this and how do i check it, also will a ECU off a 1.3 off the same year do for a 1.05, thanks.

{merged with your previous question as related}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/11/2009 at 10:12