Rep-Mobile to Road Rocket - gmac
Friday morning 1:10 to 3:05 Men and Motors

Quite possibly the seventy billionth airing Men and Motors have been showing today the history of the Sierra. It may be of interest to some of the Backroomer's to record for watching on a wet and windy weekend.

Early seveties style infomertial introducing the range during the opening twenty minutes, reminded me of the opening of the Full Monty selling Sheffield. I missed the "thanks to steel, Sheffield really is a city on the move!" tagline for the Sierra though.
Rep-Mobile to Road Rocket - DP
Cool, will keep an eye out for it.

An original Sierra Cosworth 3dr in unmolested condition, in Moonstone blue or white still gives me goosebumps just to look at. The very best ones still sell for pretty much what they cost new (less inflation of course). The Sapphire, great as it was, just didn't have the same drama.

I've driven a few Cosworths, loved each and every one of them, and was a passenger in one last year and it still made me laugh out loud when it came on boost. How many near 25 year old "affordable when new" cars still give you punch in the guts acceleration today? Wonderful machines. I want one.
Rep-Mobile to Road Rocket - gmac
There was a white D plate 3 door Cosworth 9000 miles for a fiver under £22k on Autotrader recently, might still be there :)
Rep-Mobile to Road Rocket - Stuartli
Saw a blue Sierra Sapphire Azura on Tesco's car park the other day and, to my surprise, thought that the rear end in particular looked unexpectedly old fashioned.