Misfuelling insurance - Robin Reliant
Caught the tail end of a discusion on the wireless tonight, apparantly you can now get insurance against misfuelling. Wouldn't bother myself, but in view of the cost involved with modern diesel engines perhaps it isn't a bad idea if you are of an absent minded nature.

Anyone else heard of it?
Misfuelling insurance - Falkirk Bairn
In the insurance world There are no bad risks in insurance - there are just bad premiums.

How many people insure their mobile phone - and it may already be covered by the house contents, insure their HP payments although they can never claim as they are self employed........... Insurance companies make profits - just adopt as "safer lifestyle" and bank the premiums except where insurance is compulsory (eg car/motorbike etc)
Misfuelling insurance - Bill Payer
insurance against misfuelling

I've certainly read several cases of ordinary car insurance paying out.

Obvioulsy you'd have your excess and loss of NCB if not protected, but it's a useful backstop.
Misfuelling insurance - astrabob
Generally misfuelling involves putting petrol into a diesel car.

Its now possible to buy devices which fit in the filler which stop the petrol nozzle being inserted.

If you are concerned, isn't this the best solution?
Misfuelling insurance - apm
We have one called the fuel angel. Cost about £30, and no insurance needed. Neither wife nor I are particularly absent-minded, but it felt like a wise decision given the potential consequences.

Alex.
Misfuelling insurance - audiA6tdi

In the past month my mother in law has missfuelled a brand new Range Rover (damage £8000) and a friend misfuelled his Lexus- cost £3000. Both of these were sorted out via the insurance.

I think some of the new Fords have a special nozzle that wont allow the wrong fuel to be put in. Hopefully this will become standard.
Misfuelling insurance - drbe
>>>> In the past month my mother in law has missfuelled a brand new Range Rover
(damage £8000) and a friend misfuelled his Lexus- cost £3000. Both of these were sorted
out via the insurance.

Dear lord! I am paying for that!
Misfuelling insurance - eazyrider

The only insurance you need against misfuelling is SoloDiesel cap ;)

Edited by eazyrider on 11/11/2010 at 09:18

Misfuelling insurance - Collos25

In the past month my mother in law has missfuelled a brand new Range Rover (damage £8000) and a friend misfuelled his Lexus- cost £3000. Both of these were sorted out via the insurance

Cost yes but not damage,Another con trick by the glass palace owners its no wonder insurance in the UK is so high.

Misfuelling insurance - LucyBC

Perhaps we should do a table - or start a thread of insurance policies which are worth having, those which are worth having under certain circumstances and those which are never/almost never worth having but are done as a marketing exercise.

Will send a request out to our FCIIs and see what comes back and then post it.

Misfuelling insurance - bonzo dog

Well as I'm about to change from derv to gas for about 6 months & then back again, I would very much like to know which ins co will pay for repairs in the event of mis-fuelling; it would be well worth a couple of quid on the premiums

Misfuelling insurance - Andy P

What's so difficult about reading the word "DIESEL" ? After all, it's invariably written on the inside of the fuel filler cap, and it's written on the handle of the fuel pump. What more do you need? Has common sense gone out the window, or is it just a sign of people rushing around and not paying attention?