98 2.5 Non Start - fosh100
Hi,
A friend has a voyager and sometimes it doesnt start, he tells me he used to bang the dash and then sumtimes the the car would normally start, now the car will not start.

He has told me the fuel gauge and trip meter sometimes do not work and also that he can hear a relay clicking type sound.

I have not seen the car myself yet but am thinking of removing the dials and checking the connetions.

Is this a common fault on the car, whats the easiest tempory repair.
Many thanks

Please reply to post or {Snip, mobile number removed. Do you really want all manner of people calling you day and night?}

Much appreciated

Nick

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/09/2009 at 00:47

98 2.5 Non Start - Peter D
Is the fuel pump running when cranking and is there a spark. Basic first. Regards Peter
98 2.5 Non Start - MerlinTec
Yes common fault search voyager on here and you will get all the info you need.
98 3.3 Non Start - fosh100
hi,

when igniton is turned on to accessory position lights on instument pack light up when switched to position 2 the fuel gauge and trip meter go off, when this happens the car will not start.

I will remove the instrument pack and check the connections of the multiplug and the circuit board.

Thanks guys,

sounded to me like a bad connection somewhere hence why banging it sometimes works.

have not yet managed to check this, i was thinking is it easier to remove the immobiliser panel from the car and check the wiring,

whats the symptoms if the wiring has become damaged, will this cause the car not to start.

Need help urgently
HI,

I am knew to working on chrysler and am trying to fix my car.

As posted in the texts above i think i have the common immobiliser fault.

i would just like to confirm a few things.

How easy is it to remove the heater panel to gain access to the 21 pin connector to check the wiring ??

Also

If i try to plug a diagnostic scanner into the car and it doesnt read, does this indicate anything common.

And finally to check the wiring on the speedo unit, how difficult of a job is it.
is it easy to gain access to.

If anyone has come across this and has fixed this problem your help would be much appreciated.

nickfosh@hotmail.com

many thanks all
98 3.3 Non Start - MerlinTec
Both your questions have been covered if you do a search on here how to check the wiring and to remove the dash. Yes if you plug a scanner in and it can't read anything this is most likely because the bus communication is down and is most likely due the the heater panel or cluster.