Brokers - Tynetraveller
Motorlogix broker BMW prices look very tempting but a small catch seems to be that you have to sign the order form before they tell you which dealer it will come from. Potentially I could have to travel to the Outer Hebrides to collect the car or pay for delivery. Has any one any experience of the dealers they are likely to use? Any feedback on using them?
Brokers - cheddar
Is it a negotiation point , "you say which dealer it will come from and then I will sign the order form" ?
Brokers - Pat L
drivethedeal (which I have used and would recommend) arrange for the dealer to deliver the car to your door, though I opted to collect mine as it was only about an hour away.

I'm pretty sure that the broker will use a nearish dealer, though didn't I read somewhere recently that BMW are not doing deals with brokers?
Brokers - cuthbert
Drive the deal and Carfile do not seem to show BMW on there websites ???
Brokers - uksant
WOAH!!! STOP!!! Strongly suggest that you visit a BMW dealer before trying any brokers based on:

1. Loads of feedback to a recent thread indicated that BMW are stopping their dealerships from transacting with brokers

2. Motorlogix website indicates £3,618 off a 330d SE Highline Coupe. A week ago, I went directly to my local BMW dealer, offered £29K for a built-to-my-order one with a retail price of £35K+ and the sales executive didn't bat an eyelid. Simply said 'please sign here' so I did, saving £6,125 in the process.
Brokers - cheddar
A week ago I went directly to my local BMW dealer offered £29K ..... and the sales executive didn't bat an eyelid.

Bet you were gutted you didnt offer £28k ;-).
Brokers - uksant
Bet you were gutted you didnt offer £28k ;-).

Too right, but let's not dwell on the past....! The salesman did the old "I need to pass this by the sales manager" routine so I was fully expecting him to reject the offer. I didn't even take any finance or anything else that would have sweetened it for them. But he came back and said "OK".

Obviously, helped that I didn't have a p/x and had done my research and knew exactly what I wanted right down to the cup holder optional extra so he had an easy job, I guess.
Brokers - Tynetraveller
Thanks everyone, thats an amazing story, 6000 off ....... dont suppose you'd care to give me a clue where they are, my local one is sniffy at half that!
>> Bet you were gutted you didnt offer £28k ;-).

Brokers - Nickdm
If the broker offers you a saving of several grand off list price, surely you can afford to stump-up 250-odd quid to collect the car from the other end of the country if need be?!
Brokers - uksant
Thanks everyone thats an amazing story 6000 off ....... dont suppose you'd care to give
me a clue where they are my local one is sniffy at half that!

Tynetraveller - Try a BMW dealer where Lady Godiva may have gone riding. Could be that they I got such as good deal because they had to hit sales target for the third quarter of 2009, though.
Brokers - Tynetraveller
Thanks, I'll saddle up the old nag and try the A46 for size.