Insurance - or not - Armstrong Sid
I suppose these are the people we are all paying for with our increasing premiums.

The point that strikes me the most is the information that if you are caught without insurance you get six points and a £200 fine. That's cheaper than the premium for most boy racers so it pays to not pay

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8272054.stm
Insurance - or not - diddy1234
hardly any incentive to drive legally for the youngsters is it ?

My 17 year old looked at insurance and soon decided not to learn to drive for a couple of years.

He was quoted £2K third party on a 1.0l Fiesta.

I know that these are the most dangerous age group to drive but £2K insurance is more than any first time buy is
Insurance - or not - pmh3
Previously discussed at length on many threads - simple solution, incorporate a basic third party insurance charge on fuel. The more you drive the more you pay.

Probably result in more fuel theft! and increased premiums for fire related loss!
Insurance - or not - Bill Payer
Probably result in.....

Unless it was also coupled with restrictions on engine size/power (as they do in Australia, but very difficult to enforce) it would result in 17/18yr olds driving the massively powerful cars that you can pick up for buttons now.

The results of that don't bear thinking about.
Insurance - or not - Altarf
incorporate a basic third party insurance charge on fuel.

Makes no sense. So the 17 year old hooligan who driving like a moron out of the supermarket car park tonight, but only does a few thousand miles a year, pays a fraction of the cost of his 3rd party insurance than me, due to the mileage I do.

If you want to incorporate the charge into another product that the uninsured use a greater proportion of. Why not alcopops, tattoos, king size rizzlas, knock off Burberry, Nova dress up kits...

Edited by Altarf on 24/09/2009 at 20:02