07 2.0 Faulty TPMS tyre pressure valve after tyre - the_bandit
My car is fitted with the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Last February I had two worn tyres replaced on my Galaxy and shortly after had to return to the dealer who fitted them to have one of the TPMS valves replaced because the tyre was losing about 1psi every 4 days.

A few weeks ago I had the other two worn tyres replaced and the same thing has happened again. This time one valve is losing about 1psi per week. This too has been replaced.

I asked the dealer if this was a common fault with the TPMS valves when it comes to replacing tyres. They say it's not a known fault and that I was just unlucky !!

The next time these tyres need changing my car will be out of warranty and I won't be too happy if I need to factor in the cost of a TPMS valve too.

Anybody else experienced similar issues ??
07 2.0 Faulty TPMS tyre pressure valve after tyre - Hamsafar
Try elsewhere next time. It sounds as though they are not carrying out the procedure as intended.
what procedure would this be?

is it possible the original valve was okay but just not refit correctly ?

07 2.0 Faulty TPMS tyre pressure valve after tyre - duffer

I'm starting to wonder how "not a regular issue" this is.

The outer bit that the valve insert screws into and the cap screws onto is aluminium and in my case has corroded or fractured leaving a hole along the groove of the thread allowing for rather faster than the 2PSI per week I was suffering before they replaced the seals

Has anyone else come across this?

07 2.0 Faulty TPMS tyre pressure valve after tyre - Collos25

Are you sure they are leaking through the vavle, has the offending wheel been put in a water bath to prove were the leak is in your presence.

I've had two more valves fail since my last post on this thread!!

No tyre change associated with it this time they just both started losing pressure requiring a top-up once a week.

07 2.0 Faulty TPMS tyre pressure valve after tyre - top-mechanic

firstly check out to see if it is the valve use soapy water or spit on ur finger and stick it in the valve too see if u have leak, usually can come from alloy wheel they may need cleaning and bead sealing

07 2.0 Faulty TPMS tyre pressure valve after tyre - duffer

No doubt about it in my case. I can actually hear it coming from the crack in the valve thread.