license categories - ijws15
Am I reading the requirements correctly . . .

C1 + E allows me to drive a 7500kg lorry with a trailer limited to 750kg (8250kg overall - due to when I took my test)

D1 + E allows me to drive a bus <8 seats with trailer up to 12000kg! ! !

Am I reading this correctly - seems strange
license categories - alfatrike
just got this of the dvla site.

Minibuses, with or without trailers

D1

Vehicles with a minimum of nine and a maximum of 16 passenger seats, with or without a trailer - weighing no more than 750 kg

D1+E

As category D1 but with a trailer over 750KG. The total weight of the vehicle and the trailer together can?t weigh more than 12,000 kg. The weight of the trailer, when fully loaded, can?t weigh more than the unladen weight of the vehicle

any help?
license categories - ijws15
Just seems strange that with a 7.5T lorry I am limited to a 750kg trailer but If i drive a small bus I am only limited by the unladed weight of the bus.
license categories - DinUK
from www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/What...7

C1+E

As category C1 but with a trailer weighing more than 750 kg. The total weight of the vehicle and the trailer together can?t weigh more than 12,000 kg. The weight of the trailer, when fully loaded, can?t weigh more than the unladen weight of the vehicle

21*, **, ***

So you got this wrong, the E means in both cases more than 750kg

DinUK
license categories - datostar
Only until age 70. When your licence comes up for renewal then (to a 3 yearly one), if you want to keep those additional categories you have to have a D4 medical examination. Don't know if I'll bother..