97 1.9 Suddenly Wont Start! - aarond
Bought a 1997 1.9 Peugeot 306 diesel last week for knocking about in, grand little runner and is frugal on the fuel, however this morning after fitting a new stereo (turned out to be broken) it won't start.

I refitted the new stereo to no avail, I disconnected the battery in an attempt to reset the immobiliser to no avail, I checked all the fuses and they're all fine, for some reason the fuel gauge reads empty despite the fact I filled it last night!

I was told that there was a small square button beside the steering wheel, but mine doesn't seem to have one. It has a piranha alarm fitted, but the previous owner set it to off and I haven't touched it.

The car will turn over but wont start. I assume because it isn't getting any fuel -- but what could be causing this problem? I've thrown 20 litres into the tank and still nothing!

Any help on the matter would be gratefully appreciated.
97 1.9 Suddenly Wont Start! - bell boy
on this age it could be a sticking fuel solenoid in the injecter pump due to water contamination due to age
you could try lightly tapping the pump to see if it is this (lightly mind)
97 1.9 Suddenly Wont Start! - Peter D
If the fuel gauge worked last night I would suspect your radio fit has popped a fuse somewhere. Regards Peter
97 1.9 Suddenly Wont Start! - aarond
Thanks for the advice guys.

Got it running in the end.

Four fuses were blown, so changed them over and also had to reset the ECU by:

-Disconnecting battery
-Turning on ignition to 2nd status
-Reconnecting battery

Runs fine now. Will bear this in mind when fitting another radio!