95 1.4 engine judder when accelerating - Javvyp_4
Hi

Recently bought a use vw polo 1.4cl 1995.

Was running ok but now car seems to judder when accelerating in all gears and sometimes feels like it will cut out. However it has not. Yet. It starts every time and the problem only really happens when engine warms up. Happens more when tank low on petrol. Has been recently serviced with all new parts. Thought problem was sparks which were really worn but still persists with new sparks.

Also engine makes a 'put' 'put' sound even on stand still and while driving and when the car judders also can hear slight mis/backfiring.

Its my first car so not really an expert on cars. Please can someone put their finger on the problem?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 24/08/2009 at 11:51

No one? :(
Blimey 25 views and still no answer! Come on someone must have a clue?!
95 1.4 engine judder when accelerating - Javalin
Did you put new wires on the plugs? Did you fit a new dizzy cap and arm?

Otherwise it sounds like you need the mechanical timing and ignition timing checked, possibly the coil checked to.

James
95 1.4 engine judder when accelerating - bell boy
i always think its best to say nowt rather than the put put is your put put tube broken refer to dealer
sometimes a man in greasy overalls is a man to see and keeps the economy rolling over
see ive answered but nothing worthwhile to add to the put put.........sorry
somethings cant be fixed over tinternet
thanks for the extremely useful message. i didnt ask it to be fixed just asked for a little help, which is obviously too much for some people.

thanks though at least you replied. In your own special way.
95 1.4 engine judder when accelerating - bell boy
to be honest Javvyp_4 my answer is actually very informative
youve gone through the basics
youve described the problem
it now needs to go to someone with mechanical experience to pinpoint the problem
i often pinch bits off similar cars and swap them about to achieve a solution,you cant do that but i could suggest you need a new throttle body which would be just a stab in the dark and cost you probably unecessary cash
any independant garage will give you 5 free minutes of assessement time if you are polite
Thanks Bell boy..i did read another post and thought maybe some carb cleaner may do the trick...ill take it down to a garage and get them to look at it. most people i have spoken to have narrowed it down to either the dis cap or the carb, but thanks anyway.