99 2.0TDi will not start - bry01
Vauxhall Vectra B facelift - 99 2.0tdi its a diesel Trouble starting hi i have trouble starting my car it stolled on me in a car park then took a while to start up then it was fine for the rest of the day. today i went to start my car and it will not fire up it turns over but will not fire. no engine management light on can you please help thank you

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/08/2009 at 00:46

99 2.0 will not start - topbloke
no engine managment light, do you mean that when it stalled it did not come on or do you mean it don't come on at all, don't want to scare you but these are prone to pump failure but lets not get ahead of ourselves yet, can you confirm if the eml comes on with ignition on, do it stay steady ie not flash, if they behave correctlly then next thing to check is for fuel draining back leak of pipes are a culprit for this easy enough fix and cheap to do, let us know your findings and post back ,Regards TB

Edited by topbloke on 16/08/2009 at 18:27

99 2.0 will not start - bry01
hi topbloke the eml light does not come on at all this just started yesterday would the fuel pump go so quick
yes the pupms do but usually set a code as well, the bit to concetrait on first is the lack of eml will check out if its fused and get back
ok two fuses to check,f59 i think that this is in the fuseboard by your knee,fv6 think this is in the engine bay fv6 is 80 amp so it will be the ones by the battery mega blade fuse, f59 is 30amp standard blade fuse try these first, regards TB
hi topbloke no fuses blown just tried my car again this time the eml came on this time
so the light came on after you checked the fuses perhaps a poor contact, but the question is did it start ?
i wish it did start no it never worse luck now im thinking the worst it turns over but doesnt fire up
don't be to negative you need to check if you have any fuel at the injectors crack the injector pipes crank it over and see if there is any fuel coming out, if not then the fuel may be draining back overnight/period of time and may be a simple fix like the leak off pipes they dont leak externally but they pull in air to the fuel system letting the fuel to drain back into the tank,Regards TB
cheers topbloke i shall check this out
hi had a diagnostics test on car it said injection pump faulty i hope when it comes back from garage that its the one in the fuel tank not the main pump
99 2.0 will not start - mickyh7
No pump in the Fuel Tank on Diesel's, only a swirl chamber and Sender Unit for the Fuel Gauge ! Looking expensive but sometimes its only the Pump ECU ( bad soldering) and its only about £300 to fix instead of £1000 + DO NOT OPEN THE PUMP yourself or no one will attempt an ECU repair-Do a Google for more facts-Good Luck.