02 1.6 Engine Warning Light - willow
Hi all.

My engine warning is on...steady light no flashing. Don't understand it, as car is running perfectly, all electrics working just fine. Should I get it checked, or is there a way I can reset it and switch it off?

Has anyone else had a similar fault?

Thanks

Willow
02 1.6 Engine Warning Light - Dynamic Dave
Should I get it checked

In short, yes, regardless that the car "is running perfectly". The ecu has noticed something is amiss.
Hi again. Well just got back from my Ford dealer £281 the lighter. A diagnostic revealed the eco sensor was on the blink. Hope this helps anyone else who may have a similar problem.
02 1.6 Engine Warning Light - elekie&a/c doctor
I guess they mean the hego sensor ,which is a lambda/oxygen sensor.hth
Hi elekie&a/c doctor.

Yes, you are correct, they did refer to it as a Lambda sensor. Do you think £281 was a bit on the steep side? Now I see where the sensor connects, I could have replaced the flippin' thing myself. Ford told me it was going to be a 'big job', I think I may have been ripped off.

Edited by willow on 25/07/2009 at 12:44

02 1.6 Engine Warning Light - gadgee
Hi willow. Interested in your problem. My 02 1.6 Focus has done 112500 miles and the same fault has just happened. Engine warning light steady but car drives perfectly. A few hours before the light came on I got out of the car and noticed an unusual pungent smell like burning which disappeared rapidly. Wonder if it is connected? Any it is going in for an annual service at an independent garage in two days. They are going to plug it in and see what the fault is. Will report back later. Can anyone tell me what a lambda sensor does?
02 1.6 Engine Warning Light - MikeTorque
Link below provides info about Lambda Sensor / Exhaust Gas Oxygen Sensor (EGO) :

tinyurl.com/ltegu9