Taxing Car - RaineMan
I just went online to tax my car. When I went to pay the payment was not authorised on my debit card (Barclays) although at this time of the month it is well in the black. After a couple of failed attempts I paid by credit card (Barclaycard) and accepted the £2-50 surcharge. Has anyone else had problems?
Taxing Car - Falkirk Bairn
Logon and check your Current Acct! (or nip to a cashline and see the balance)

Good luck that the balance is as it should be!

Barclays have had mainframe problems over the last 48hrs.
Barclays problems

tinyurl.com/krvd5z
Taxing Car - pmh2
Interesting, because Barclaycard Mainframes were down early afternoon as well! I had problems with a CC transaction.

Do they share a common site nowadays? (They didn't about 15 years ago).

Should all my my money be coming out of Barclays tomorrow am?

p
Taxing Car - ianjoh
That'll be why I cannot log into their online service, maybe the mainframe got zapped in yesterdays storms.
Taxing Car - Armitage Shanks {p}
Patrick Khoo, a Barclays customer based in London, said: ?I tried logging into my online account but couldn?t get into it. I soon realised there was a problem. It was lunchtime and I was starving, so I had to borrow some money from a colleague.?

I wonder if this poor hungry man is behind the software of this site?

Taxing Car - the swiss tony
Patrick Khoo a Barclays customer .............. I wonder if this poor hungry man is behind the software of this site?

Maybe Barclay's bought some duff memory chips? ;-)
Taxing Car - Oz
Taxing my car online last year was rejected because the insurance wasn't recognised. Asked the insurance company why, and they said they don't allow the online procedure because too many scammers were taxing their cars then cancelling their insurance.
Taxing Car - grumpyscot
Raineman - you should claim the £2.50 off Barclays
Taxing Car - DP
I can't help wondering if there really is an additional cost in handling credit cards over debit cards.

I seem to recall from a spell in retail in a former life that the only card carrying a cost premium was Amex. To the extent that the company I worked for refused to accept it.

Edited by DP on 17/06/2009 at 10:58

Debit card cost to retailer is 25p or less for a big chain.

Credit Cards are % based - can be 2 or 3 % for small companies for Visa/Mcard
Amex is a lot more! Hence many sites refuse Amex............
Taxing Car - rft
You were told a load of nonsense! It's not individual insurance companies that control whether your insurance details are made available to DVLA (and police etc). They have to provide details to MiD within a strict timeframe and it is MiD who make the information available.

You can check whether the database has your details here: www.askmid.com.

If you aren't on there it's either because your insurers have not passed on the information or you are not insured!
Taxing Car - RaineMan

Just checked at Barclays and everything was OK. Their ATM was iffy last night and I did not want to try A N Other Bank plc in case it swallowed my card. Last time that happened I went back next morning to be informed that it had been shredded for security!

I did not want to cancel yesterday as someone told me that when they did that and tried again later it was refused because of a failed attempt and they had to join the lo_n__g queue at the PO!