00 1.8 Fitted aftermarket seats. Airbag light on - Nightcrawler1988
Hi Everyone,

I have a MK1 Ford Focus 1.8 TDDI (2000, W Plate). I have recently purchased a pair of aftermarket Corbeau Seats for the front, they went in a treat but now I have an airbag light which flashes on my dashboard.

I know why its there, the previous seats had the side airbags and have now removed has activated the light, when the car is started the light flashes 5 times then goes off and another 5 times then off. Once this has happened it will then stay on permanently.

I have read on some forums that you can trick the airbag module with a resistor; I have not tried this yet because I was wondering if anyone knew what ohm resistor I should get? If anyone has any other way to get around this problem then that would be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Simon

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/06/2009 at 19:31

00 1.8 Airbag Light On, After Fitting Aftermarket - Dynamic Dave
Can't help with the answer to your question,

but have you informed your insurance company that a safety related item (that counts towards the cars N-Cap safety rating) has been removed?
00 1.8 Airbag Light On, After Fitting Seats - Nightcrawler1988
Yes the insurance company has been told about the seats, cost a little bit extra to have them on the policy but has been sorted, thanks for the help though.

Simon
00 1.8 Airbag Light On, After Fitting Seats - elekie&a/c doctor
You will need to solder a 3 ohm resistor across the 2 airbag wires for each seat.hth
00 1.8 Airbag Light On, After Fitting Seats - Nightcrawler1988
Thanks for your help, do they need to be exactly 3 ohm? Also would I need to get the light reset the resistors are installed or should it just go away?

Thanks Simon