96 1.6 lights on dash - geoff71
hi everytime i go over a bump light and buzzer comes on dash grrrr buzzer startin to do my head in lol the light that comes on then goes off again is like this (0) with ! in the middle of the 0 have not got book so not sure wot it means thanks
96 1.6 lights on dash - jonny10buds
Older Audi's and VW's used to have a buzzer which warned if the oil pressure was low, the first thing I would do is check the oil level.
96 1.6 lights on dash - dieselbob
From the desciption thats the brake warning light. Could be low brake fluid, low brake pad sensor or handbrake not released properly. Maybe even wire to any of above chaffed or damaged.
96 1.6 lights on dash - jonny10buds
The 0 and the ! described sounds like the large dot matrix alert message in the centre of the binnicle so could be connected to any warning, the brake warning light will be smaller and red in colour, is the warning light red?
have checked the oil level and its fine , had car in garage few weeks ago and they said pads were fine , light is red and in middle of dash , one of 4 lights that come on when u start car up not checked brake fluid tho, will check

Edited by geoff71 on 09/06/2009 at 22:26

96 1.6 lights on dash - dieselbob
Is it the light that comes on when you apply the handbake? Pads maybe ok but check wire from pads under wheel arch for damage. Low brake fuild level will also cause this problem. I had an intermittant problem on my 1.6 96 a4, first thing some mornings where this light would go on but reset after a engine restart. I never got to bottom of it before i sold it. Reg doesnt start N743 does it?
was loose wire at pads thanks guys nope diesel its a p reg