Earthquake and Car Alarms - Jonathan {p}
Not a single car alarm went off in my road last night, despite a 20 second tremor. Did anyone else experience it?

Jonathan
Earthquake and Car Alarms - smokie
Nah the ground didn't move me me in Berkshire, mind you, it doesn't very often these days anyway...

Local TV reported people in Reading noticed it.
Earthquake and Car Alarms - DoddMan
I definitely felt the tremor in Manchester. It rattled a couple of my cupboards but I can't say any car alarms went off on my road.

You don't really expect earthquakes in the UK so it spooked me something rotten at the time. It was only this morning I found out what it was!
Earthquake and Car Alarms - Dynamic Dave
I definitely felt the tremor in Manchester. It rattled a
couple of my cupboards but I can't say any car alarms
went off on my road.

Manchester? No car alarms going off? Most unusual :o)
Earthquake and Car Alarms - THe Growler
...sometimes the earth moves, sometimes not :-)

Earthquake and Car Alarms - Flat in Fifth
Oh its lovely to be back in UK, lousy roads, congestion, taxation, speed cameras (first one 3 mins after leaving airport car park), road rage, and now blooming earthquakes.

We are about 15-20 miles from the supposed epicentre, and yes the earth did move, and boy was it blooming loud! After the first 5 seconds it was difficult to distinguish the banging and rumbling from the doors, windows and roof tiles rattling. No damage though, touch wood, however some colleagues have new cracks in their houses and doors that will not shut anymore.

No car alarms but burglar alarms went bananas.

Earthquake and Car Alarms - THe Growler
In the Land of Sun and Fun we have volcanoes and earthquakes as part of the attractions. I am reminded by this thread that I live right on the Marikina Fault Line and we have allegedly 30-40 tremors a day, mostly too small to notice and nobody gives it a thought. We did have a biggy a few weeks ago though and now you've got me worried.

Car alarms never go off though, maybe the makers adjust the sensitivity for earthquake-prone markets? :-)

Got a live volcano 90km up the road, tho'..