petrol adverts - zookeeper
hi room, i was a having a flashback earlier whilst watching the "champions" on itv 4, i remember as a kid we used to get petrol adverts on the telly, tiger in your tank, and shell "you will, go well with shell shell shell , i used to have a collection of football "coins" from the 1970 world cup ...question is , why dont the petrol companies advertise on the telly any more?
petrol adverts - Mr X
If you were on the rob, would you advertise ?
petrol adverts - Fullchat
Plenty of Party Political Broadcasts on TV at the moment :-]
petrol adverts - Woodspeed
Cos we buy it where it is cheaper. Brand loyalty went out the window around 1973 fuel crisis. You bought what you could get, and found it was all the same. (Unless offering quad stamps if you had a 1p shot with each gallon).
Shell have had some success with V Power recently.
petrol adverts - DP
I agree with woodspeed. The Volvo goes better on Super than Premium, but in either case I notice no difference between brands. Supermarket, Shell, Esso, BP - the car couldn't care less, and therefore neither can I. Same for diesel with the Golf, and the Scenic before it.

I tend to use a lot of Shell fuel because in these parts it's consistently 2p a litre cheaper than everywhere else, supermarkets included.

Given that I consider all forecourt fuel in the UK to be much of a muchness, I base my buying decision on one of two criteria - price, or the closest one to me when the light comes on.

petrol adverts - Hamsafar
www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3y60JdUq0Y
The adverts there are reminiscent of the '80s for me.

Edited by Hamsafar on 29/05/2009 at 21:44

petrol adverts - Lud
'Put a bearded would-be mass murderer in your tank'.
petrol adverts - bell boy
they are all too busy ringing the petrol stations to tell them to put their prices up to be bothered with tv adverts
petrol adverts - Ben 10
Ham,
Looked quite up to date. The 80s definiately looked different to that. Elaborate?

Edited by spood on 30/05/2009 at 00:09