New MGB for £6 to £10k - Paul531
In HJ's column Sat just gone, some punter said that he was going to get a new body for his MGB {in aluminium ?}fit a new Rover K series engine and box all for £6 to £10k

Is this posible, is the K series not naff?

Thought that heritage shells were steel?

Has he included labour charges?

If somweone can make me such a car for £6k, even with a K series, I'll buy one, but I agree with HJ, it would have to be the roadster.
New MGB for £6 to £10k - Armitage Shanks{P}
Years ago the bare steel shells were about £2K, I think. Trim, glass, engine, transmission, it all adds up! There was a firm up near the Forth Bridge making them from parts, and very well too, but they were a lot more than £6-£10K as I recall
New MGB for £6 to £10k - Steve G
Would be impossible do to this for less than 10K.
I have restored 3 MG's (Roadster/GT/V8) the expense in parts alone will cost 10K. Heritage shells are around the £2500 mark last time i looked. Many people fall into the trap of thinking that a donor MGB will be a good source of parts to use in a heritage shell. But when you actually think about it the Donor car will have tatty/used interior/mechanics/bodywork trim so you end up buying new parts, because putting tatty components into to a freshly painted shell is self-defeating.
I know of a Midget with a K-series engine so it seems possible.
If you would like a Good condition MGB with a heritage shell i would check out the MG car/owners club there are some very good examples available. (also a good time of year to be buying).