VW dealer test drive - ggh1
NB, last week I took, as requested, a test drive in what I wanted, a new 1.4TSI 160PS engined EOS. It was confirmed by the VW main dealer as definitely a 1.4TSI 160PS. I thought it drove very well, especially from low rpm, I was most impressed.
On returning home, I realized that the test EOS was in VW's 'Individual' trim, the door sill kick plates were also inscribed 'Individual'. VW literature states that only the 2LTSI 200PS and 3.2 V6 engines can have Individual trim. Do you think I was given the 2LTSI to test drive?
VW dealer test drive - ifithelps
Certainly sounds like it.

The Focus CC3 needs the 2.0 turbo diesel to haul it along at a reasonable speed.

I know the VW 1.4 is supposed to be a ball of fire, but I would be looking for at least two litres in an EOS.

Open top driving, as I have discovered, is a little more laid back, and when you do want to go, you want 'lazy grunt' not a revvy petrol.
VW dealer test drive - ggh1
Thank you for your reply. I think I have made my mind up to go for the 2L 140PS CR engine as it is only £65 more expensive.
VW dealer test drive - Lygonos
Open top driving, as I have discovered, is a little more laid back, and when you do want to go, you want 'lazy grunt' not a revvy petrol <<

Depends if you are in an overweight bag of lard, or an MX5 ;-)
VW dealer test drive - ifithelps
Tub, or bladder of lard, surely? It doesn't come in bags.

I prefer the term 'sturdily built', but you are right, the CC3 is no lightweight.

I imagine the Eos is similar.
VW dealer test drive - Lygonos
I think the current deals on SAAB convertibles are maybe worth a look - 35%+ off on Drivethedeal.com, and even SAAB themselves are hawking lesser spec ones for around 18-19 grand.

Even if SAAB goes down the tubes I doubt parts will be a major issue as they are genetically Vauxhalls (which maybe isn't a good thing ?).

Plenty of SAAB indies around for servicing, but is a ragtop rather than a CC so may not be what you are after.

Edited by Lygonos on 20/05/2009 at 08:45