Used car dealer north london - Toom
Can anyone recommend a good/large used car dealer in North London (preferably nearish Islington)? Apologies for such a boring question, but I have no idea where to go.

I need to buy a small car (Fiat 500, Ford Ka or the like) maybe 1 year old. I don't know much about cars and I don't want to spend ages looking. I want to just go along to a couple of largeish car dealers, look at what they've got, and pick on.

Any help is hugely appreciated!

Used car dealer north london - Lud
There's a big Ford dealer very near Highbury Corner roundabout. I have been there for keys and barrels for my car, and I quite liked the demeanour of the spare parts people.

I believe other back room members would advise against a Ka, although a Fiesta or Focus would be recommended.

Aircool, who used to sell assorted VWs and Porsches, was up Highbury Hill near Highbury Barn. They were all right too, although some of the stock was pretty rough.
Used car dealer north london - smilleynially
You might have to take a little trip out of North London. Unfortunately when buying a used car you normally have to travel a couple of miles to find a good dealer or the car you want.

Try Cargiant in White City, N.W. London. Massive selection of cars so you can see which you like, good prices and recommended by Honest John himself in the 'HAT' section. They also have a great website, just Google them.

Used car dealer north london - Alby Back
Hi Toom - If you expand a bit on your motoring needs and wants you'll get loads of advice here. Some of it useful.....

For example, your budget, your likely usage, will you be using it for just personal transport or will you regularly have other people with you? Are you a new/young/inexperienced driver? Is your driving going to be mainly in London?

For what it's worth, I like KAs. My wife's one is great. She's had it for five years and is in no rush to part with it..

Some will recommend a Panda over the 500. They could be right.

Good luck in your search.
Thanks for the advice guys - really do appreciate it!

I'm happy to go out of North London if necessary. That White City place does look like just the job...

It's my girlfriend who needs the car for work - she's a journalist so she drives through London to work every day and often has to drive out on jobs, usually around London but could be anywhere. So the most important thing is to have a car that is good in London, and nice to sit around in (she spends a lot of time waiting around in her car), but it should also be able to go on the motorway if necessary.

Our old car, now dead, was a P-reg Ford Ka. It did the job well enough, but my girlfriend insists that the next car we have has air con, and she'd like an ipod port if possible.

Budget is a tricky one - basically as little as we can pay to get a car that fills the above needs and is reliable. She's hoping maybe 5 or 6 grand, but I haven't done that much research...

Edited by Toom on 02/05/2009 at 19:04

Used car dealer north london - Alby Back
Have a look at the website "fiatsupasaver.com" Brand new 1.2 petrol Pandas with aircon for £5795. Might be just the ticket.
Used car dealer north london - J500ANT
Our old car now dead was a P-reg Ford Ka. It did the job well
enough but my girlfriend insists that the next car we have has air con and
she'd like an ipod port if possible.

Would it qualify for "scrappage" ?
Budget is a tricky one - basically as little as we can pay to get
a car that fills the above needs and is reliable. She's hoping maybe 5 or
6 grand but I haven't done that much research...

Hyundai i10.
>>Would it qualify for "scrappage" ?

Not sure. It fits the bill in terms of age and ownership. but it's not moving at the moment. Does it have to be moving to qualify!

I've had a quote for about £400-500 to fix. But I'm not sure its worth it if it means I have to buy a car less than a year, and am reliant on the dealer to give me a decent deal as part of the scrappage deal...
Used car dealer north london - J500ANT
Its got to be MOTd, taxed and insured - doesnt say anything about able to get to wherever under its own steam. If you can wangle it, thats £2k off a new car, so something like a Panda/Picanto/i10 are within reach @ around £4-5k. I'd be investigating that a bit further if I was you.
Used car dealer north london - shrek1973
this car quailfys for the scrappage scheme.you can can pre order now and be able to pick up car from may 18th.I can personally recommend i10 hyandi otr price with scrappage deal £4995 + £320 metallic paint.Go to a hyiandi dealer there all offering the same.the finance deal isant good however, best of taking loan out elsewhere if required.aa loan cheapest on small loans at the moment 8.95% apr on loan betwwen 5k and 7k.The car is 5door 1.2 classic with air con as stantard.£35 tax,group3 insurance and 5 year waarenty.Ive looked at all cars in this class and it is the best deal in my opinon.look at honest johns reveiw and topgear review etc all good.Go on hyiandi website put in your postcode and it will tell you your nearest dealer.Good look mate but cant see how you can buy a better brand new car for 5k.to quailfy for scrappage scheme all it needs is a valid mot and insurance,along as owning the car for 12 months.It dosent matter what state its in even if it doesnt start.
Used car dealer north london - car city care

you can buy any car but if need to required xxxx Had a car accident and looking for some quality accidents repairs near you?

Edited by Avant on 27/02/2021 at 23:09

Used car dealer north london - chris87
For a one year old car, you can easily check xarwow, autotrader etc and sort by distance. Are you considering a Mazda 2?
Used car dealer north london - Graham567
For a one year old car, you can easily check xarwow, autotrader etc and sort by distance. Are you considering a Mazda 2?

You are replying to a 12 year old question.Its the stupid spammer above you that has updated this old thread.

Used car dealer north london - Xileno

Beat me to it.

Used car dealer north london - daveyK_UK
Car Giant