Transfer of Original Manufacturer's Warranty - GR5677
Hi,

I am looking at buying a nearly new (08/58) car probably either a Mazda5 or Toyota Verso. In both cases the best spec/mileage/options that I can find are at independent garages rather than franchise.

If I buy used from a non-approved retailer do I get the balance of the manufacturer's warranty (assuming for arguments sake that there is a full service history)? Neither Toyota nor Mazda list their mechancal warranties as being transferrable.

Is there some EU law or such that mandates what has to be provided to subsequent owners or is the warranty package part of the intial conrtact of sale on the car when new, which falls away when sold on?

Thanks

Graham
Transfer of Original Manufacturer's Warranty - Jamesh266
In my experience - yes. Fiat honoured a warranty claim on a Punto we bought from Trade Sales in Slough.

I think in some cases the third year of the warranty might be dealer backed rather than manufacturer backed, so you may lose the third year of the warranty.
Transfer of Original Manufacturer's Warranty - b308
Try going onto the manufacturers website and emailing them for a definite answer... the Skoda one was transfreable as well, though I got an email confirming this before I bought the car just to be on the safe side... the 3 years breakdown cover transfered with the car as well!