2.0 Petrol - Can they be chipped ? - pienmash
hi people,cant get a nswer for love nor money this week,ive phoned several online tuning places and keep getting the same answer,which is ill phone you back ....im after making my cruiser more user friendly ie better fuel consumption and of course add abit more power....its a 2.0lt semi auto limited petrol..any input or ideas welcome....or do you know a mini v8 engine that will fit in instead and ill keep it for life lol...

Edited by Pugugly on 21/04/2009 at 21:24

2.0 Petrol - Can they be chipped ? - bell boy
wow a 2.o litre with auto in a converted moggy minor
to be honest pork pie peas and mash this combination was dreadful for fuel economy in the neon so if its the same set up the answer is to sell sell sell the thing im afraid
2.0 Petrol - Can they be chipped ? - Lygonos
Crush it. Makes a better cube than a car.

Chipping non-turbo cars is usually only a slight benefit, and then it's best with a better exhaust and induction.

Get a turbodiesel if you must as at least it can be chipped to the point that it will self-detonate.
2.0 Petrol - Can they be chipped ? - captain chaos
Hi pienmash,
Hope this is some help... www.ptcompany.co.uk/catalogue/performance.htm
Don't be put off by any negative comments, I quite like PT cruisers, something a bit different from all the "me too" stuff you see on the roads. Console yourself with the fact that if you decide to keep your car longer than ten years you'll still be able to get parts for it, unlike euro/jap stuff. Also, you can usually source stuff from the states for a fraction of what UK dealers charge and that includes shipping!
Regards, cc
2.0 Petrol - Can they be chipped ? - b308
Whilst I don't like them, its a question of "beauty in the eye of..." - I didn't know until recently that there was actually a club for them... I'd suggest that a trawl through an internet search should get their details and then you can ask the experts!!

Here, saved you the time!

www.ptcruiserclub.co.uk/main1.htm
hey man i take offence to the peas bit as us cockneys dont do peas with pies lol....thank you everyone for your help ......i read about a whipple supercharger for my car but at what it cost to chuck in ,i might as well buy bigger engine jam jar
2.0 Petrol - Can they be chipped ? - Chips with everything
According to Superchips.co.uk they'll give you an extra 8bhp for £234.

2.0 Petrol - Can they be chipped ? - b308
Hardly seems worth it...
just another thing ......it would be a nice car if it werent for the autobox changes,there bit well crappy to say the least ...changes from 3rd to fourth at 5000rpm .... ill tell you its loud when motorway accelrating......i do love the shape of em ...maybe ill just get my dream car ...nice american v8 sumthing and love that instead.......
2.0 Petrol - Can they be chipped ? - Roly93
Chipping non-turbo vehicles is rarely worth it as the mapping is usually pretty optimal from the manufacturer anyway. Most chipping relies almost entirely on playing around with the turbo boost settings and so on.
yeah im going to sell it after i been to europe for weekend and find myself something more reliable,cheers for your input...