00 1.8 Gear box fault (I think) - Xboxwidow
Hi, just wanted some advice on my car. A little over a week ago, when changing from 1st to 2nd gear, the gear stick got stuck. I couldn't get the car out of 1st gear, although I could move the clutch pedal up and down. The gear stick would only move forward & backward, but not left and right. I have since had the gear box and clutch changed, but it did exactly the same thing when we went to test drive it. Any ideas on what else could be wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
00 1.8 Gear box fault (I think) - bell boy
uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=2007110616...F
Thanks for the link. Not quite the same fault though. I didn't have difficulty selecting gears, it wouldn't move out of 1st gear. We had to disconnect the gear linkage cable just to get it back into neutral. We've put a new gearbox & clutch in the car and the same thing happened after that.
00 1.8 Gear box fault (I think) - bell boy
have you looked in the hole though
i havent done a focus with this problem but have done other makes fiat and vw come to mind where something has come off and is jamming the linkage
Yeah, my Dad pulled the thing apart, said there was nothing jamming it. I'd have hoped the garage would have checked that before changing the gearbox, but then I guess that can be wishful thinking?