02 2.0 HDi loss of power - 406glx
Hello All... I need help. Up until recently the car has been driving fine. It has always been punchy, responsive and quick... About a week ago, I have noticed a reduction in the performance; it accelerates, but not as well as it used to, infact it feels like I'm towing a trailer or a caravan, or as if there's a massive flat spot. I can hear and feel the turbo kick in at about 2200rpm, but it feels nothing like it used to... It gets up to 80-90-100 mph, and sits there comfortably, but seems to take an age to do so. I've not noticed any reduction in fuel economy, lumpy running, black smoke ( the general things you associate with injector problems ) and the car appears to run fine, its just this 'diminished' performance that's puzzling me. Can anyone help ??

Edited by Webmaster on 13/04/2009 at 21:42

02 2.0 HDi loss of power - ianjoh
Have a trawl through the archives under pug and cit, there have been a few similar posts to this one. Its sounds like an MAF type fault.
02 2.0 HDi loss of power - Panda_man
Agree - does sound like a possible MAF fault. Try disconnecting MAF and taking car for a brief drive (don't leave it disconnected indefinitely). If power improved then suspect the MAF. Recommend you get new one from main dealer or swap with identical part from another vehicle to test. Please let us know how you get on.
02 2.0 HDi loss of power - loadsofpugs
Hi I had the same problem turned out to be a dead fly across the MAF heater element try cleaning it before replacement.