Agony Column 25 July 2015

Deals Of The Week

How To Drive Native Copym

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Native Subscribe5

Real Mpg Native

98 1.1 airbag light flashing - gordonbennet
As stated, airbag light is flashing on daughters car, she tells me the light stays on continually sometimes but flashes at other times.

Any thoughts please?

Its a nice little motor in good overall condition and very economical so worth fixing.

Tags: technical issues warning lights airbags

98 1.1 airbag light flashing - Dynamic Dave
More than likely the connections under the seats for the seatbelt tensioners.

Sometimes you can just get away with unplugging and plugging back in a couple of times. MAKE SURE you haven't turned the ignition on for a while to allow for any capacitors to discharge to prevent accidental triggering of the pretentioners.

Failing that, some people hard wire them instead and do away with the plug/socket connectors.

See here for more info (Different car, but same problems.):-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=50...2

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 07/04/2009 at 19:01

98 1.1 airbag light flashing - bell boy
I used to use cheeseblock on those unreliable saxo fittings under the seats
Thanks chaps.
I'm surprised it would have pre tensioners fitted, i'll have a look at them asap, assuming i can find 'em amid the junk...kids who'd 'ave 'em...;)
98 1.1 airbag light flashing - Dynamic Dave
I'm surprised it would have pre tensioners fitted

tinyurl.com/tensioner (link to an item on ebay)
thanks DD, i now know what to look for amid the plastic bottles and other detritus floating around...
98 1.1 airbag light flashing - Alby Back
Find a random but possibly amusing or informative sticker slightly bigger than the airbag warning light......
By the time i've dug down to the approximate search area i'll have filled 2 wheely bins and possibly fought off some form of mutant insect monster, the stickers will have been consumed by rabid arthropods ages ago..;)
98 1.1 airbag light flashing - Alby Back
Bet you find a part used book of Christmas postage stamps though. Usually self adhesive, should be the very thing. The back light from the warning lamp would give it the gravitas of a little stained glass window. Could be quite attractive in a slightly eclesiastical sort of way.
98 1.1 airbag light flashing - bell boy
i asked in the post office today for any pre increase first class stamps,apparently they dont put these in the sale to clear them out though so i had to pay 39 new pence for one

Join the discussion

Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube