98 2.0 ecu location - skreech
Where is the ecu located in the vectra b. I have an intermittent earth fault with the volume controls on the radio. ( they start to work in a different order). Does any one know if the radio and the ecu use the same earth path. thanks for any help.
98 2.0 ecu location - Chris M
I think the ECU is behind the trim panel by your feet. Can't recall which side, but I think one side sticks out more than the other, so that's probably the one. Can't help re earthing.
98 2.0 ecu location - SpamCan61 {P}
I'm 90% sure that it's under the plastic panel at the bottom of the windscreen, i.e. in the same general vicinity as the pollen filter. It's piddling it down here or I'd go and check mine.

Are you saying the radio sometimes loses its memory - the memorised stations return to the factory defaults? Does sound like a loose connection but I'd check the connector blocks on the back of the radio and nearby in the loom first, is it a Vauxhall radio? If not I'd make doubly sure the aforementioned multipin connectors are tight, it is easy to loosen them when pushing the radio back in.
98 2.0 ecu location - topbloke
lift up the scuttle trim nearside you will see a large rubber boot held down with four 10mm nuts remove boot ecu is there check the two large connectors where they go on to the ecu have seen corrosion/dampness in these before did not give symptons that you describe but worth a look
98 2.0 ecu location - bell boy
radio volume potentiometers wear out on vauxhalls like they do on fords
lift up the scuttle trim nearside.

Is that the plastic panel which is beside the bottom of the door.
is it a vauxhall radio?

It is a vauxhall radio. What happens is on the steering controls is that the volume + button is decreasing the volume and the button marked 0 is increasing it. The - one is changing the radio on to the cd mode. It does'nt happen all the time and normally sorts its self out after a while. ????.
98 2.0 ecu location - topbloke
scuttle is the bit at the bottom of the windscreen covers the wiper linkage pollen filter and ecu
98 2.0 ecu location - SpamCan61 {P}
Sounds like the clockspring is on the way out to me.