Porsche to be crushed - maybe - henry k
A Porsche Carrera that has been sitting in a car park for three weeks could be crushed if it is not reclaimed.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/7929156.stm

Seems a very odd story.
Porsche to be crushed - maybe - rtj70
I wondered when this would be posted :-) Story suggests it would be crushed but if not reclaimed it would be sold at auction. A non story (again).
Porsche to be crushed - maybe - FocusDriver
It's a bit like giving away £25,000 in cash isn't it?

There's a J-reg 205 up the road which has been fallow for several weeks (has LA sticker on windscreen) - but that's worthless.

Maybe the owner just forgot he owned it...easily done.
Porsche to be crushed - maybe - DP
The most rare of beasts seems to have been abandoned in our road this week - a rather tasty looking, white, Austin Montego "Mayfair" on an F plate with no tax. I'm tempted to actually take a photo of it for nostalgia purposes before the council come and tow it. :-)

Porsche to be crushed - maybe - Hamsafar
Only 60% of seized vehicles are crushed, and these are the bangers.
Porsche to be crushed - maybe - Falkirk Bairn
A few years back I parked daily in a multi-storey in Glasgow.

A 6 /12 mth old Civic had sat there gathering dust (literally) for 3/4 months - I phoned the Police and said it looked suspiciously that it had been dumped/stolen.

Next day it was gone - never got a thank you from owner / insurance company!
Porsche to be crushed - maybe - madux
Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I wondered where I had left it.
Porsche to be crushed - maybe - retgwte
i was once admitted to hospital in a bit of a rush, funnily enough the car stayed in the car park id left it in until i was out again, dont remember anyone offering to tell the car park owner...

once i found my own stolen car parked up... with parking tickets on it! yes our super efficient police service had put parking tickets on a car reported stolen... amazes me how this country survives (although on current going it wont!)

Porsche to be crushed - maybe - Dave_TD
gathering dust (literally)

When I used to frequent all four terminals of Heathrow, there was a car or two in each mult-storey that you could write your name on in the dust - this was three or four years ago too in the days of heightened security patrols etc. One IIRC was a 5-series that looked as if it had been there a minimum of 6 months.
Porsche to be crushed - maybe - Nigel B2
There are plenty of bodies in this country that can find the name and address of a vehicle owner from the DVLA - why doesn't someone from the council simply do the search and then contact the owner? Maybe (s)he's away, maybe in hospital, maybe - who knows, a hundred possibilities. But if they want to know, they can find out easily enough. A case of lazy bureaucrats?
Porsche to be crushed - maybe - Pugugly
Maybe they already have and that was inconclusive. A case of assuming ?